Conscious Sedation at Honest Teeth
Dental anxiety is very common among Americans. It’s also one of the main reasons why many people fail to attend regular six-month teeth cleanings, oral exams, and other checkups that are critical to their oral health. The ADA has estimated that up to 15% of all dental patients have avoided going to the dentist because of dental anxiety.
What is Sedation Dentistry?
Sedation dentistry uses advanced pharmaceutical treatments to reduce your level of consciousness, avoid discomfort, and make sure that you’re comfortable during routine dental procedures.
At Honest Teeth, we use oral sedation dentistry. We give you a pill to take before your appointment, and that’s it! The medication will make you less anxious and allow us to treat you, even if you have dental anxiety.
For severe cases of anxiety, techniques like IV sedation and deep sedation, or general anesthesia, can be used. However, these dental anxiety solutions are typically unnecessary for most patients.
The Benefits of Sedation Dentistry
There are quite a few benefits to sedation dentistry from Honest Teeth. Here are some of the most notable:
- Enhanced Comfort: Oral sedation can help you feel more comfortable during your dental procedure and reduce the fear you associate with going to the dentist.
- Anxiety Relief: If you know that you’re going to be sedated during your appointment, you don’t have to be as anxious when visiting the dentist, which will also make it easier for you to schedule your next dental appointment.
- You Can Get the Dental Treatment You Need: If fear is preventing you from coming to the dentist, your oral health could be suffering. Tooth decay, gingivitis, and other serious problems can be caused by neglecting regular oral care. Sedation dentistry allows you to overcome your fear and get the care you need.
- Faster Treatment: Dental anxiety can make it hard for a dentist to treat a patient as fast as they normally could. Anxious patients may not be able to spend a long time in the dentist’s chair, so smile makeovers and complex procedures may take multiple appointments.
- Sedation dentistry eliminates this problem, allowing you to undergo dental procedures quicker and get faster treatment for your dental needs.
Who Should Choose Sedation Dentistry?
Just about anyone can qualify for sedation dentistry. However, most people don’t need to be sedated at the dentist. You should consider sedation dentistry if:
You have missed past appointments due to your fear of the dentist
You suffer from serious dental anxiety
You have a very low pain threshold
You are claustrophobic
You have a very strong gag reflex
You have extremely sensitive teeth
Interested in Sedation Dentistry in Elm Grove? Come to Honest Teeth Today!
At Honest Teeth, Dr. Max Meinerz specializes in treating patients with dental anxiety. We use effective oral sedation dentistry methods to reduce your stress levels, and our friendly, knowledgeable staff will ensure that you’re safe, comfortable, and stress-free during your appointment.
Don’t let dental anxiety keep you from getting the oral care you need. Contact the team at Honest Teeth today to schedule your appointment at (262)784-7770, or come to our office at 890 Elm Grove Rd., Suite #106, Elm Grove, WI 53122!
We look forward to seeing you, discussing sedation dentistry, and creating a custom-tailored dental anxiety treatment plan that can help you overcome your fears!